Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about ftp FM 'R3_TO_SERVER'

Former Member
0 Kudos

As known, we can use this FM to transfer a file from SAP AS to FTP server.

In my case, my internal table is too larger to get all data inside it(exceed the limit of extended memory+heap memory, and it's not allowed to set them), so I have to split it into two internal tables and transfer twice.

But I still need it to output as one txt file, so what I am expecting is to transfer data 'APPEND' to a txt file instead of overwrite it.

Does this FM or any other FM provide the function like this?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming

You just need change the FTP command to 'APPEND', there are many threads explained this.

regards,
Archer

0 Kudos

Hi, thank you.

But what about the sequence, is it unexceptable?

For example, if internal table A is split to three internal tables which are:

A1: no.1 - no.30

A2: no.31 - no.60

A3: no.61 - no. 90

I want the txt file has 90 lines and from 1 to 90 in sequence, is it possible?

0 Kudos

I have checked this thread, it metioned FTP command, but it seems to download to local first.

0 Kudos

Thomas already said, If you don't mind writting your file to your local filesystem first, you can always use the function modules FTP_CONNECT, FTP_COMMAND, and FTP_DISCONNECT.

Then do not need 'FTP_R3_TO_SERVER' any more. if you want use this FM, you need download to local first.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the hints.

Now I understand, it seems that 'FTP_R3_TO_SERVER' do not provide 'APPEND'.

So I need to download these 3 internal tables into one txt file first,

maybe I will download to Application Server by using DATA OPENSET, I will give it a try.