Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOUT CUSTOM CONTROL

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I created a screen for data retriew in i am getting the data in custom control but the problem is when i click the clear button it is vanishing the screen input/output fields , but it is unable to clear the custom control which contains the records,

Please tell me how to clear the custom control.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed

A custom control does not contain any data but is just the container for another control.

Since you are talking about records I assume you are displaying your data within an ALV grid control. You need to clear the itab used as OUTTAB for method SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY and refresh the grid display (method REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY).

Regards

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed

A custom control does not contain any data but is just the container for another control.

Since you are talking about records I assume you are displaying your data within an ALV grid control. You need to clear the itab used as OUTTAB for method SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY and refresh the grid display (method REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY).

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What does Your custom control is having an ALV grid or some other control.

If it is an ALV grid use REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY for refershing the table.

Regards

Sumit Agarwal