Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability for continuous or periodic refresh of data to screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a home grown program that monitors our batch job activity. As the jobs are executing in batch the folks on support are required to hit the [refresh] button at various intervals to refresh the latest batch status information. Is it possible automatically refresh the data without continuously hitting the refresh button. Ideally this would be a user defined time period, i.e. refresh every 3 seconds. I realize this seems like a 'nice to have' but am curious if this is possible.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Joe, this is absolutely possible. You can implement a gui timer to do this.

Check this weblog, now if you are on 6.20 or better, there is no need for the local class in this example, you simply refer to the CL_GUI_TIMER class.

/people/rich.heilman2/blog/2005/10/18/a-look-at-clguitimer-in-46c

Regards,

Rich Heilman

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Joe, this is absolutely possible. You can implement a gui timer to do this.

Check this weblog, now if you are on 6.20 or better, there is no need for the local class in this example, you simply refer to the CL_GUI_TIMER class.

/people/rich.heilman2/blog/2005/10/18/a-look-at-clguitimer-in-46c

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich, I appreciate the quick response. I'll certainly check it out.

0 Kudos

I noticed that you marked this thread as "Solved" but did not award points. If you find asnwers helpful, please mark as such next the answer using the radiobuttons .

Thanks and welcome to SDN,

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

um...

Couldn't you just use FM 'SAPGUI_PROGRESS_INDICATOR'?

Doug -

0 Kudos

Hello Doug

No I don't believe I can. The program first accepts some input paramters etc. then displays a long list of all the current BW infopackages, associated batch jobs, and their status - red, yellow, green. The users need to refresh the display on a peridoc basis waiting for the traffic lights to change which indicates whether a job has completed, failed or is still in process. The routine mentioned above automatically refreshs the output on the screen every X number of seconds without user intervention. Without this logic the program simply waits for an event - in this case the user clicking on the refresh button. I've incorporated the code and it's works nicely.

Joe