Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap2xlsx abapGit install fails - multiple files with same filename

jeff-woehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

When pulling the abap2xlsx package, I'm getting an error:

Pull not possible since there are multiple files with same filename, zcl_excel_converter.clas.abap. Keep one of the files and delete the other in the repository.

Any advice?

Looks like a couple months ago, several files were moved to a new folder: /src/not_cloud/...

Could this be the issue?

Another possible factor: I already have an old, old version of abap2xlsx installed. Prior install was with SAPlink. This is first time I'm synching it with abapGit.

Regards,

Jeff

8 REPLIES 8

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you keep the original repository and create a new one in aapGit? You should have only one. In case you need to change the URL (was "sapmentors/abap2xlsx", now is "abap2xlsx/abap2xlsx"), you should just change the URL of the existing repository.

jeff-woehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

I'm using this URL:
https://github.com/abap2xlsx/abap2xlsx

When I 'Pull' in abapGit, I see the following message:

Regards,
Jeff

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and abapGit itself is relatively recent, I suppose, since you're using it now instead of SAPLink, right?

jeff-woehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea - You have it correct. abapGit was a recent install. Any advice?

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try uninstalling the whole package using abapGit, then reinstalling from scratch. You may have to do more than one step, since you won't be able to remove a package until the Transport Request has been released, but that's about it. When transporting, import all of them together. The other time consuming alternative that comes to mind, which I only ever used once, is to manually delete each and every object, you won't need to do this unless the system is seriously out of whack.

jeff-woehler
Explorer

Andrea - thanks for recommendation. I was hoping not to uninstall because I'm certain we had a couple very minor corrections to it on our end. However I may follow your recommendation in a sandbox system in a few weeks. Thanks for advice. Regards, Jeff

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the proper way to handle local corrections would be to upstream them 😄

(ok, first solve your current issue, feel free to ping me if you're interested in contributing)

larshp
Active Contributor