Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Experts,

In ABAP Unit, we have to know tha actual and expected values.How can it be possible in real time business problems.

please clarify,

FAROOK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You know, when I was learning ABAP Unit I asked the same question, and really have yet to find the answer. For me, ABAP unit is more about making sure that certain sections of code work to completion, so a lot of the assertions are for checking the sy-subrc value and reporting messages to the log. I have not found any value in check for certain values for other data.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You know, when I was learning ABAP Unit I asked the same question, and really have yet to find the answer. For me, ABAP unit is more about making sure that certain sections of code work to completion, so a lot of the assertions are for checking the sy-subrc value and reporting messages to the log. I have not found any value in check for certain values for other data.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Hai Heilman,

Is it possible to compare two tables,or in other words can we test the values of a table?

And what is your view about abap units?will it help for testing the real time applications?

Thanx in advance,

FAROOK

0 Kudos

Yes, you can definitly compare internal tables, as a whole or even down to the field level. I'm not real sure yet. I do like the tool, but not certain that I will use it on a "regular" basis. I have to look into a little further.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hai Heilman,

If possible and when time permits, Pls give me some idea about how to Test the values of a table.

Thanx in Advance,

FAROOK.

0 Kudos

You would simply loop the internal table and do your assertions against the internal table fields directly, just as you would when working with simple varaiables.

Regards,

Rich Heilman