Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#ABAP_Trial : SAP ABAP Platform 1909 - Start FIORI Launchpad

axel_moschuering
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have successfully installed the docker image and connected to it via SAP GUI. I wanted to start the SAP FIORI Launchpad (or run my WebDynpro Components) but I am getting an [Page not reached]. In former SAP Developer Editions (running in an OracleBox VM) you had to provide a full-qualified hostname in [/etc/hosts].

If I check the /etc/hosts file in the docker container no FQD hostname is given here. I can enter it here but the system does not persists the info.

Is the missing entry in [/etc/hosts] the reason and if yes how do I have to change the file and how can I persist it in the container ?

As you may have guessed the docker world is quite new for me ;-).

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Axel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jakub_filak
Participant

The file /etc/hosts must not be edited in the container but in the machine where you run your browser and SAPGUI. Openening Fiori Launchpad from SAPGUI will try to open the URL "http://vhcala4hci:50000/sap/bc/ui2/flp?sap-client=001" in your borwser and the browser must be able to translate "vhcala4hci" to IP address. Therefore you must add vhcala4hci to your hosts file. It's also possible to replace vhcala4hci with the IP address of the cotnainer in the browser's URL bar.

Some additional notes:

HTTP is awailble on the port 50000 and HTTPS is available on the port 50001 (HTTPS connection will not be considered secure by default and you must continue in the unsafe mode.

If you run the docker container in a Linux VM and you want to connet to Fiori Launchpad from your Windows host, then you must expose the ports as described in the Setup Instrucutions -> Connection:

-p 3200:3200 -p 3300:3300 -p 8443:8443 -p 30213:30213 -p 50000:50000 -p 50001:50001

and then you must connect to IP of the virtual machine: http://<the VM ip address>:50000/...

6 REPLIES 6

joltdx
Active Contributor

Hi!

Yes, you would still need to add it to your hosts file, but not in the docker image. Rather on the machine where you run your SAP GUI and browser. My guess is that you run the docker on the same machine, but the /etc/hosts file inside the docker is only valid for the docker and not the rest of your machine...

If you issue the command

docker exec -it a4h ip addr

You will get information about which IP address you can use to access the SAP system. That's the IP address you need to put in the hosts file for the system where you run the browser.

Edit: Haha, well, if you're connected to the SAP GUI, you already know the IP I guess... Also, the docker instructions here suggest using localhost or adding 127.0.0.1 to the hosts file... (I have my docker running on a separate machine, so not the exact same situation as you)

Hi Jörgen,

thank you. I obviously should have read the setup intructions more thorougly....

Entering 127.0.0.1 vhcala4hci into the Windows Hosts File did the trick (at least for

the Fiori Launchpad) - WebDynpro seems to have problems to reach the login screen...perhaps some services not running....

Best regards,

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

FWIW,

i've seen docker before elsewhere but the most critical handle seems to be '-p' which e.g. will open the 'containered' SAP server system to your SAPGUI client:

-p 3200:3200

also,

docker ps should become your 'friend' in addition to others listed here:

https://hub.docker.com/_/sap-abap-trial/plans/ac8a4f9b-ae29-4afa-9b39-25aeea24b821?tab=instructions

Disclaimer: i'm not a big fan of VirtualBox or WSL but have seen others being excited about the latter.

jakub_filak
Participant

The file /etc/hosts must not be edited in the container but in the machine where you run your browser and SAPGUI. Openening Fiori Launchpad from SAPGUI will try to open the URL "http://vhcala4hci:50000/sap/bc/ui2/flp?sap-client=001" in your borwser and the browser must be able to translate "vhcala4hci" to IP address. Therefore you must add vhcala4hci to your hosts file. It's also possible to replace vhcala4hci with the IP address of the cotnainer in the browser's URL bar.

Some additional notes:

HTTP is awailble on the port 50000 and HTTPS is available on the port 50001 (HTTPS connection will not be considered secure by default and you must continue in the unsafe mode.

If you run the docker container in a Linux VM and you want to connet to Fiori Launchpad from your Windows host, then you must expose the ports as described in the Setup Instrucutions -> Connection:

-p 3200:3200 -p 3300:3300 -p 8443:8443 -p 30213:30213 -p 50000:50000 -p 50001:50001

and then you must connect to IP of the virtual machine: http://<the VM ip address>:50000/...

axel_moschuering
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your support. As mentioned before, SAP FIORI Launchpad can be reached now.

But if I try to run a WebDynpro Application I am getting the following screen [preparing logon.jpg]

My expectation would be to get a SAP Netweaver Logon prompt like [wd_login_screen]. So probably a service required for this is not running in SCIF. Any idea how I can find out, which one it is ? If I start FIORI Launchpad before WebDynpro, I am getting an "UI5" Login Screen an WD starts afterwards probably becuse I am already logged in.

Thank you all and best wishes,

Axel

0 Kudos

Hi all,

nevermind I found a solution myself:

1. I entered a the hostname in Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

-> [127.0.0.1 vhcala4hci vhcala4hci.dummy.nodomain]

2. In the SAP System I added the paramteres:

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL = vhcala4hci.dummy.nodomain

is/HTTP/show_detailed_errors = TRUE

3. I activated ITS in Transaction SICF

4. I activated the services for WebDynpro according to Note 2640639

/default_host/sap/bc/wdvd

/default_host/sap/public/bc/webdynpro

/default_host/sap/public/bc/webdynpro/ViewDesigner

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro

5. In addition I activated

/default_host/sap/public/myssocntl

so Layout-View of WebDynpro in SE80 is visible

I'm not sure if all if the steps are neccessary but it did the trick.

Thank you all.

Best wishes,

Axel