Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Programming for Meter change out

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my 3rd post on this and it keep getting locked. I work for a utility company and the Customer accounts employees want to be able to run a custom report that was created to include all the meters for the Contract Account. They want the report to pick up the meter reading for the device replacement as well as with the current device. Currently the report is picking up only the current device. So I am wondering where to put this in the program? The CALL FUNCTION 'ISU_DET_DEVICE_FROM_INST'. I put it in the program but it's still not working. I'm not too sure if I should use sy-datum or '19000101'? I am very new to SAP. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shawn Reed wrote:

This is my 3rd post on this and it keep getting locked.

Moderator message

If your posts are locked or rejected, and you don't know why, the correct response is to raise the issue in - not keep posting. If it's been rejected or locked there's a reason!

I suspect the reason for locking is that you've posted the same question more than once. This "cross-posting" is not permitted.

Anyway, do a "where-used" on the function module and see how it used within other programs and reports.

8 REPLIES 8

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

I saw nothing locked in their posts, the other two mentioned are open and talking about the same subject. As this publication is detailed here, we keep communicating it, oks?

Ahhh, adding ... Thank you for participating in the SCN, I ask you to also check out the links below to better use and approach here in the SCN .

The SCN Rules of Engagement

How to close a discussion and why

Warm regards,

Raphael Pacheco.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

The 'key date' is the date for which you want to see data - eg the meter readings from today.

So you could use sy-datum, or a date specified by the user (on the report selection screen).

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

I changed the date to sy-datum and still nothing is being pulled into the report. I may or may not have put the code in the correct part of the program. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello again,

I tried your function module in our system and I get slightly inconsistent results.  The difference appears to be influenced by whether or not EASTL contains an infinity timeslice, meaning an entry that is currently active, ending in 12/31/9999.  For the most part, if the module is called with 01/01/1900 and the keydate flag set to X, I get all of the devices back.

Depending on the structure of your report, you might try a different route and go to the meter reading tables more directly.  There are quite a few function modules that handle meter reading data.  Search on ISU*EABL* in SE37 or do a where-used on table EABL.

K--

0 Kudos

I'm trying but not being successful. I might be putting the code in the wrong place. I found this and I'll try this function: FM ISU_DET_DEVICE_FROM_INST where the field GERAET

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a quick test of function module ISU_DB_INST_EABL_FOR_BILLING which uses installation as the input parameter and it returned all meter reading results.  It was for an installation that has had six meter replacements over the past 13 years. This might also suit your requirements.

Good luck

K--

0 Kudos

Thanks for your assistance. I have been in this position since July and I'm very new to all of this, so that's why I'm having a hard time with the structure of the programming and I'm searching to see how I can incorporate what your suggesting;. Again, thanks for your help

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shawn Reed wrote:

This is my 3rd post on this and it keep getting locked.

Moderator message

If your posts are locked or rejected, and you don't know why, the correct response is to raise the issue in - not keep posting. If it's been rejected or locked there's a reason!

I suspect the reason for locking is that you've posted the same question more than once. This "cross-posting" is not permitted.

Anyway, do a "where-used" on the function module and see how it used within other programs and reports.