Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap oops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In ALV grid display, I have 'display' and 'print' icon in the application tool bar.

When I select a particular record and click display buttton, it will display the detailed description of the particular row.but, when i select the print button and then again when i select the display button it is going to short dump. When i debugged, the short dump is happening in the method 'set_table_for_first_display

'. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem.

thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For first time printing we have to use set_table_for_first_display. And from second time onwards we have to use the method refresh_table_display method. Hope it will solve your problem.

Regards

Ravi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What did the dump analysis reveal?

It will give enough information for you to analysize and resolve the issue.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For first time printing we have to use set_table_for_first_display. And from second time onwards we have to use the method refresh_table_display method. Hope it will solve your problem.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First time when you are calling your grid call 'set_table_for_first_display

' in PBO module of that screen. In PAI use method ' refresh_table_display'. whenever you are exit from the report call method call method '<custom_container>->free'.

Regards

Bhavani BL