Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP memory question

sanjay_deshpande4
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am working on exisiting development in which am supposed to find the (targeted) programme into whch ABAP memory value is EXPORTED.

Can somebody guide how to find this receiver ABAP memory programme/class/function module(in which memory is IMPORTED)?

Thanks,

SD

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD,

There is no direct where used list available to find receiver ABAP memory programme/class/fm.

You have to scan all custom programs ( z* & y* ) using standard SAP program.

RS_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN

Use keyword as ABAP memory id used in sender program as memory has to be same in both the sender and receiver program.

Regards,

Ashish Desai

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct where used list available to find receiver ABAP memory programme/class/fm.

This is the exact reason why I don't like IMPORT/ EXPORT to MEMORY.

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

So it is better to put the comment where this export variable will be imported.Also in the target place it should mention from where it will be imported.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't bother with memory export and import. Use instead a static attribute or statics methods of a class. That way you can easily do a "where-used". (Or if you prefer, use a couple of function modules with global data).

0 Kudos

As far as I know, static attributes and "function group instances" exist only in the corresponding internal session.

If you want to pass the data from one internal session to another (i.e. if you are using SUBMIT or CALL TRANSACTION), ABAP memory could be a solution (of course, there is a plenty of other techniques such as shared objects, but they are more complicated).

In such cases it is a good idea to create a public constant in global Z-class with the name of the memory ID.

export it001 = it001 to memory id ZCL_GLOBAL_CLASS=>MEMORY_ID_NAME.

import it001 = it001 from memory id ZCL_GLOBAL_CLASS=>MEMORY_ID_NAME.

But, of course, it is better to design your applications without using of ABAP memory.

ivan_shadrin
Participant
0 Kudos

If you can debug this program, you can set up a breakpoint for the statement IMPORT FROM MEMORY.

I think, it is the most convinient way.

Also it is a good idea to replace the constant with global constant in global class (see my prevous answer in this discussion).

roberto_forti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the change request where the export abap code was save.

May be there are the abap objects that contains the import abap code.

Regards