Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP DUMP

adigha1524_6
Explorer
0 Kudos

I made a change to add field and pull data in report, I didn't get any error in dev system but I got such error in live system. what could be the reason.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member660513
Participant

If you look at the last sentence in the screenshot, it says it. The ABAP code in the report is obvously building a dynamic Open SQL statement( a SELECT ?), probably the code is concatening a string that will then sent to the database, and this string contains too many selections/is too long. In Open SQL there are restrictions on the size and number of selection field values( for example in a SELECT statement ) .

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

SAPSQL_STMNT_TOO_LARGE happens if the user selects too many criteria values or if the program does the same. You may only reduce the risk, not eliminate it.

See more:

Another common cause of SAPSQL_STMNT_TOO_LARGE is SQL with FOR ALL ENTRIES IN with a large internal table.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You really prefix a FORM name with f_? What else could it be? You do know that no new development should use Forms. They're obsolete.

former_member39056
Participant

You can have an idea of length of generated SQL by having look into "Database Interface Information" in ST22.

Then you can calculate which parameter caused the issue, and limit of number of conditions for the parameters.