Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a weird : ST05 does not work

JerryWang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am doing performance analysis via ST05. I activated the ST05 trace, run my transaction in UI, during transaction the breakpoint set in my code

SELECT * FROM XXXX is hit, so I am 100% sure that the data is fetched from database in this transaction. However, to my surprise, after I deactivated the trace and display the result, table XXXX is not in the trace result.

The technical settings for table XXXX is buffer not allowed. However, if I activate the trace again and view that table in SE16, the table is in the trace

result as I expected.

Does any guy have some hint why the trace does not work in the first case? Really appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ManfredMensch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

have you tried to trace your application directly, i.e. without using the debugger? What SAP_BASIS release are you using?

Regards,

Manfred.

8 REPLIES 8

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if there is buffering table.

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

thanks for reply. As mentioned in my post, the table I would like to observe is set as "buffer not allowed".

Best regards,

Jerry

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the following document for SQL Trace.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/testing-and-troubleshooting/blog/2007/09/05/the-sql-trace-st05-qui...

The test program needs to be run at least once to fill buffer and caches.

Regards

ManfredMensch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

have you tried to trace your application directly, i.e. without using the debugger? What SAP_BASIS release are you using?

Regards,

Manfred.

0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Wow the world is so small! Thank you for your reply. I tried to retrace my application without debug mode, however the issue still exists.

SAP_BASIS Release 740, SP-Level 0003 Support package SAPKB74003

Sorry to create a ticket in CSS, since the issue blocks our performance test in our project

Best regards,

Jerry

0 Kudos

Just an idea did you try using SAT?

0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I executed and traced your application and the records corresponding to
150 SELECTs to table CRMD_SOC_POST are in the trace. I assume that you
analyzed the trace on the wrong server. QDD has 4 servers and the SAPGUI
logon may go to another server than the web browser logon. Tracing is
application server specific.

Kind regards,
Manfred.

0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

thank you very much. You are right: the application server instance of backend and web client UI are different. Now I launch my ui application just from backend via tcode CRM_UI and then do the trace, then ST05 works again. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Jerry