Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a trouble of file generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts:

i met a very tricky problem when i want to generate txt file on application sever. i used same data source from a internal table, then use text mode to open dataset, each line length should be certain in the file. i created two file on different directory, one is SAP standard '/usr/sap/tmp/' and another one is customized, but 2 outcomes are totally different. In standard folder that file is satisfied but in customized folder the file content is messy.

Anybody have met the same case? Please kindly give some tips. I guess this issue occurred by file system, becasue i used totally same data and coding, only change target directory.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

another one is customized, but 2 outcomes are totally different

cutommized means what.. is it folder on diffrent machine running on Diff O/S.

sometimes file contents will same but when you open it

[]

chars. will be present at end of each line.

this will be mainly due to TXT/BIN conversion problem based on O/S.

REgds,

Suresh

0 Kudos

hello Suresh,

In this case, i use 2 directory to generate file. First one is '/usr/sap/tmp' as you know it's SAP standard, second one is '/igso/delivery/ups' and it's setup by basis configuration but i don't know details. i have downloaded 2 files to local and go through, the contents format is quite different but in abap program they are created by the same data source and same statement. Only target directories are different. Really confused, could you give more tips? thanks

0 Kudos

first check whether client is able to process the files at /ups folder.

if they are able process it then no problems..

otherwise check with what type of file system it is and may need to mention the txt/bin and code page accordingly.

Regds,

Suresh

0 Kudos

hello Suresh,

Thanks for your guidance:) I am trying to do investigation with basis for file system.