Skip to Content

Column Heading of new field added in VL10A Report comes up blank

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:26 AM


avatar image
Former Member

Hi All,

I've added a new custom field to the standard Report VL10A using SAP Notes 421791 and 198137. Here are the steps I followed.

1. Added an Append structure to SHP_VL10_ITEM, which has the one field that I need to see on the report output.

2. Created an enhancement in Include program LV50R_VIEWG02 and populated the value via a calculation.

Now when I run the report, I can see that new field is available in the layout and the values correctly populated in the report output. But, the column header is blank.

My custom field (Truck Load Percentage) is correctly defined with a Data Element and Domain and has a description. And yet the description is not populated in the report output. I have a feeling that this is because I had not defined the short, medium and long description field in the Data Element of my custom field.

Can someone please confirm this? Or if it's an altogether different issue... Thanks!

- pk

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Best Answer
avatar image
Former Member Jan 10, 2017 at 02:17 AM

My guess was right. After populating the Short, Medium and Long text for the Data Element the column heading got displayed.

I just didn't to go that route of changing the Data Element unless absolutely sure, since this field was appended to VBAK and VBAP tables apart from a few BAPI Extension tables. Changing the Data Element involved Activating and adjusting standard tables and this could not have been done during regular office hours.

Long story short, my issue is resolved. Thanks!


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded