Skip to Content

​Applets do not run in sap mii 15.1 sp3 patch6

Jan 09, 2017 at 08:34 PM


avatar image

Applets do not run in sap mii version 15.1 sp3 patch6

We created a new server and installed the last available stack of the MII (15.1 sp3 patch6).

Our project uses applets and was developed in version 12.2. After importing the project into the new version the applets are crashing while loading.

Tests run with versions 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8

I get the following error message on java console:

gridOPs [ERROR] - Unable to set value for MatchValuesFormat in consumer, java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source) at at at at$ at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$300(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$ Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$ Source) at Method) at$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at Source)

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Neha Kshirsagar
Jan 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM

Hi Sarto ,

Which browser version are you using ?

I have IE - 11.730 and java - 1.8.0_112 .

It works fine for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Neha Kshirsagar

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I'm using IE11 9.11.9600.17843

I tested it with java: 1.6_45, 1.7_80 and 1.8_111

christian libich Jan 13, 2017 at 07:16 PM

That is a pretty big jump in versions. Did you use the migration tool to move/upgrade your project? Try clearing out the Java cache on your client machine.


Show 3 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I cleared all the caches and added the url to the java security.

On the migration tool, I did export the project in 12.2 and imported it in 15.1, is there anything else to do?


I would try creating some new applets to determine if it is a version/upgrade issue.


Sorry for the delay. After uploading with the last patch 25, we ran new tests with the applets. When the applets lock the browser during the execution of the IRPT screens, checking in IE DEBUG mode, it is possible to identify some points that have errors and the following messages:

    Target applet or JVM process exited abruptly


    More details in the images

    I have also tested with the method updateGrid(true) and it has the same error. I found the new method updateAsync(true), but it works asynchronously and shortly after the update I make a validation using the method getRowCount() with grid data, so the method updateAsync(true) does not resolve.