Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

LPD_CUST for BW Query 7.x Service Not Found

Dear Expert,

I am configure the Portal Launchpad (LPD_CUST) to open BW Query 7.X and Dashboard under Talent Management.

When I click the report or dashboard on Lauchpad Menu, I found the following error messages:

Service cannot be reached

Note

  • The termination occurred in system E03 with error code 404 and for
    the reason Not found.
  • The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

  • Please select a valid URL.
  • If it is a valid URL, check whether service
    /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.ip.bi.web.portal.integration.launcher is active in transaction SICF.
  • If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Based on the above error, I searched for the mentioned service in SICF, but no service is like the required one.

Here are my LPD_CUST configuration

SAP BI Query 0TMC_MP_Q0001 (based on version 7.X)

System Alias : SAP_BW (configured in Portal which points to BI Server 7.02)

Version : SAP Netweaver BI 7.x

The strange is when changing the Version to SAP BW 2.X/3.X, I can open the query from Portal Launchpad menu with the 3.X query template.

Has anyone faced the same issue with me?

Best regards,

Launchpad Menu.JPG (132.5 kB)
LPD_CUST Config.JPG (139.0 kB)
BW Query 3X.JPG (47.0 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 09, 2013 at 03:34 PM

    Tarow - did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same issue in regards to E-Recruiting POWL entries for ODP reports as of EhP6 where I get the error from the portal about the service not being active. I can execute the queries in the backend without issue, and like you if I change the version in LPD_CUST down to BW 2.x/3.x then the links work. Would appreciate any insight if you were able to resolve. Thanks.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi all,

      We had this same problem too, and this is how we have worked around this. We also have an open message with SAP about this.

      We are running this through the portal, and we had to create a NEW system connection. We copied the connection already existing for our BW system, and made one change to it. Inside the Web AS settings, we changed the Web AS Host Name from the Web AS from BW to the domain name for our portal. We also added the system alias SAP_BI to this system, and kept SAP_BW with the original BW system setup.

      If you have a tool like HttpWatch or Fiddler, when you watch the trace of trying to launch an BI Query using the 7.x template setting in LPD_CUST, the last entry shows the URL domain pointing to the Web AS for BW, when it should be the portal domain.

      Hope this helps.

      Kevin

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM

    Hi,

    I normally wouldn't reply on open topics but as this discussion is fairly new I'm gonna try and involve myself in this discussion. Hopefully helping myself out as well:

    I'm having the same issue as you lot. I've tried Kevin Schmidt his suggestion haven't gotten it to work.

    I can see the same thing through httpwatch. There seems to be no note around this.

    Any news Kevin from SAP on your OSS message?

    In addition: Does somebody know what's the impact in having the queries set up as older 2.x / 3.x BW queries in the launchpad configuration? The queries seem to work fine, does changing the version have any impact?

    Kind regards,


    Tim

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hey Tim,

      We did figure it out. This is the weird part. So, we had to create a new System in the System Landscape, virtually identical to the original BW connection to the backend. This connection is for the 7.x template. So what we did was instead of putting the address for the Web AS in the Web AS, we put the address in for the portal in there instead, and it worked. I'll have to check on the OSS message that was sent since it wasn't me.

      Make sure to add the system alias SAP_BI to this connection and make the other standard connection have the system alias SAP_BW.

      Hope this makes sense.

      Kevin

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.