Solman crashes every two week or so.
1. I noticed this error just before the crash in sm21 of solman sid1 for managed system sid2:
ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (500) exceeded
We have already increased processes at DB level to 1000,but slowly all processes gets occupied.
2. This error usually occurs in sm21 of solman SID1 for managed system SID2 when SID2 is shutdown on daily basis for backup.
Database error 1017
Database error 1017 at CON
> con=2(mgm22:1527/SID2): ORA-01017: invalid username/password;
> logon denied
From analysis we noticed that there is a job EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER (this is executed every min ) which tries to connect managed systems & this is the reason why we get above error on daily basis in sm21 of SID1.
1. Since this job attempts to connect to SID2 no. of times when SID2 is actually unavailable, the job then slowly occupies all db processes & these processes are never released. Could this be the reason for solman crash ?
2. I understand that we cannot restrict execution of job EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER to run only for particular duration unless we use external scheduler or change standard program but would like to know is it necessary to run this job & that too for every 1 min ?
3. Is there a workaround for this situation ?