Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Partner name preventing transfer?

we have the normal partner function AP - contact person.

Which we want to screen against the SPL so we've added some code to transfer the "contact person" to GTS when saving the document (quote, sales order)

This seems to be working fine

the issue is for certain names (I'll use Name1 for an example) I get a pop up

Legal Control: Customs Bus. Partner Required

Partner: #####

but if i change the name of the contact person to Name2 and then create a new sales order and add the contact person it will transfer and screen correctly

I didn't change anything else like the address or country, just the name

and actually we seem to be having the same issue with the initial transfer of sold-to partners

Any ideas on what could be causing these issues?

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 08, 2013 at 04:30 AM


    When you need Screening to be done for a partner in a document. The same partner should be available in GTS.

    From the error message, it seems the Partner you are sending in the document is not available in GTS.

    I believe partner created in GTS is with Name2 and not created with Name1 and thats why you get this error when its Name1.

    But as you already checked all those and confirmed. I would request you to check the BP role assigned to the partner in GTS.

    For contact person-> BP role in GTS would be BUP001 i believe and similarly for Customer-Sold to Party as SLLCPC, for Vendor SLLCPS.

    Please verify if these roles are correct for the partners in GTS. If not align them and then try to pass the partner in the sales order/quot.



    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Yeah Name1 and Name2 was probably a bad example

      yes I am simply changing the name of the parnter not which field the name is entered into

      I'm trying to transfer the SOLD-TO partners using the tcode /SAPSLL/MENU_LEGALR3 > Initial Transfer of Mast. Data tab > Transfer Customer

      the contact person gets transferred when saving the document by some custom code we have added but I think if we get the SOLD-TO working that will fix the contact person (and the contact person may be complicating the issue so we might stick to the SOLD-TO for now just so I don't confuse anyone anymore)

      I will check the Change pointers like Hari suggested to make sure that is not causing any problems

      I will keep updating with anything I find thank you for your suggestions