Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Error Returning Data Set From Universe

Getting a weird error when trying to return a full dataset to Visual Intelligence from a Webi Universe. Oddly enough I can run the same query using Web Intelligence from a browser on this machine and return the full dataset without issue (it is in a single table in a SQL Server 2008 database).

Here is the error that I am getting in the logs. Any ideas?

2013/02/28 22:01:38.070000|>>|S| | 3496| 64| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.hilo.datasource.unv.internal.UnvDatasourceHelper]

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: Maximum character output size limit reached. Contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30272)

Visi Error.jpg (62.4 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Mar 05, 2013 at 01:14 PM

    Hi,

    I authored a note very recently about a similar error , see Note 1826015 - SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0.7: "Acquisition failed / No data acquired (HDB 00115)" when connecting to a BI Universe

    - You might want to adjust the webi processing server settings described there.

    However, your error also has something about 'incompatible objects' which sounds like a warning coming from the semantic layer, suggesting that you are trying to fetch from objects which aren't covered by the same context. Can you run a webi report with the same combo of objects exactly?


    regards,

    H

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 01, 2013 at 03:17 PM

    Just as a quick follow up - my database table contains 40,000 records in the following format. I've been trying to tweak some of the settings in the Visi .ini file but haven't had any luck getting the full dataset back (if I knock off some of the dimensions from the request then Visi does bring the data back). I've also ensured that the Universe settings for limiting # of rows, etc. have been turned off...


    WCHQ Table.jpg (21.4 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 05, 2013 at 01:22 PM

    Ironically I found a post very similar to that last night (it referred to Crystal Reports, but recommended the same course of action). When I made the changes to the Webi server it fixed the issue - I'm guessing the 'incompatible objects' error message is generic in nature as I'm not having the issue any more.

    Thanks for following up!

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.