Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Upgrade from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.01- workflows

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded from SRM4.0 to SRM7.01 being on extended classic scenario and have rebuilt the workflows for SC & POs on BRF.

In SRM 4.0 we used RFC call to fetch approver's information from backend ECC system and never faced any issue but with BRF workflows the same RFC is having issue and taking long time in getting approver's information.

Is it the same behaviour which other customer's are facing or we are doing something different which is not recommended in BRF workflows?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Ravi Pachauri

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Feb 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM

    Hello Kevin,

    put a break-point where RFC call is done in order to check why it takes longer time than in SRM 4.0 release...

    Regards.

    Laurent.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Laurent Burtaire

      Hi Laurent,

      We started with the problem of RFC and after few rounds of system traces and debugging sessions, now we have established that a particular FM which is getting called through this RFC, is taking time but the point is that it is the same FM which was used earlier in SRM4.0 to fetch approver's information from ECC. The only difference is that earlier it was placed in n-step apprival BADI and now it is in process config BADI.

      The issue now is why this FM taking long time now with the same input and output.

      Regards,

      Ravi Pachauri