Skip to Content

Same WEBI report showing update data in rich client but not in bi launchpad

Hi,

I have Webi report exported to BO server (4.0 SP4 patch level 10) . The data from bex query is coming to universe and from universe to the webi. The data in cube is loaded on hourly basis hence the bex query shows updated data every hour. Yesterday when I created webi , the webi also was showing updated data every hour till 6 pm. Now today the webi (when I execute from BI Launchpad) Is still showing data till 6 pm yesterday only ie no change. When I checked the bex query , its showing updated records every hour.

The most suprising thing is wen I execute the same webi report from rich client and click on refresh it shows me updated data till last hour . But when I refresh the same webi in BI Launchpad its showing data till yesterday 6 pm only.

I have made REFRESH on OPEN checkbox ticked In WEBI. Kindly let me know the cause of this

Regards

Amber

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM

    Hi Amber,

    Do you also change the time part of the date prompt when you refresh? Perhaps, it brings the old data depending on the hour you choose.

    Also, if you use instances of your report, it might be the previous instance you are viewing when you double click. If that is the case, try scheduling the report and opening it again.

    Hope it helps.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Yesterday we restarted the BO server at 6:15 , and after that the WEBI report from BI Launchpad showed the latest record till 6:00 pm yesterday. But after that the same old story , today when I see the webi in Launchpad its still showing data till yesterday 6:00 whereas in rich client its showing today's data.

      Can anyone tell , what might be the issue

  • Posted on Mar 08, 2013 at 05:34 AM

    Hi Everyone,

    I had raised OSS ticket regarding this issue and the SAP team after following up for 4-5 days told to download PAtch level 11 wherein this issue seems to have been resolved. I am downloading and testing the same and hope this should solve the issue. Thanks everyone for your help.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.