We want to change old part number with new part number by using ECN/ECO in BOM but followings are the current issues
1. When an effective date for component/Assy in the BOM is changed using an ECO/ECN , it is changed for multiple components/Assy at once in SAP.
2. MRP currently start driving demand for the new part from the effective date, though there may be some existing inventory on-hand for the old part that can be used as an alternative to the new part.
The system should be able to use up the entire inventory on hand and on open purchase orders both externally and interplant (where applicable) for the old parts (all revisions) before creating planning/procurement proposals for the new part.
SAP should be considered,
1. Use existing old inventory on hand before driving procurement/planning proposals for Buy/Make parts.
2. Recognize any open purchase orders both externally and interplant of old part numbers as available supply to fulfill demand.
3. Does not require effectivity date maintenance at a part number level.
4. Must be supply/demand based such that any changes to supply levels or demand forecasts can be captured.
5. Must be able to recognize multiple old part numbers that can be consumed in place of the new part number.
Please let me know if this can be done by using SAP standard functionality or try to use custom program or user exit in MRP.
Thanks & Regards,