We have a DSO which is taking 15 minutes for activation normally and 40 - 50 minutes on some days. After following the other posts following things have been observed:
1) The no. of records range from 4,000 to 50,000
2) Also, there are reports directly based on the DSO. So, SID generation on Activation cannot be disabled
3) Also, when checked in SM51 during activation, there are free background processes which are not being used.
4) The parallel processing was inactive for the DSO. We have activated the parallel processing for it now. Is it necessary to delete the previous request in order to make these changes effective? The previous requests cannot be deleted.
5) Also, the package size is 10,000 in RSODSDO_SETTINGS. There is no timeout error occuring so the time limit parameter has been set to 600.
What else am I missing out here?