Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Data not displaying correctly after upgrading to BOBJ 4.0 SP04

Hi All,

I just started working with my current company and I have been tasked with setting up their BOBJ 4.0 SP04 servers and migrating their existing BOBJ 3.0 reports over to the new servers. I was able to migrate the reports, connections, and universes over to the new BOBJ 4.0 SP04 server successfully but now I am facing an issue with the data appearing incorrectly in one of the reports. Both 3.0 and 4.0 servers are pointed to the same BW 7.1 production environment so that I could validate the reports with something that is currently working. The data is currently staged in BW where we are using BIA and we have BEx queries built on top of the cubes. We then have universes built on top of those BEx queries so that we can display the data in WebI reports.

What I noticed in the BOBJ 4.0 version of the report is that the data for one field is showing data that is meant for another. For Eample:

BOBJ 3.0 Report (CORRECT)

Brand Fiscal Year

A B1/2013

B B1/2013

C B1/2013

BOBJ 4.0 Report (INCORRECT)

Brand Fiscal Year

B1/2013 000000

B1/2013 000000

B1/2013 000000

This messed up data isn't even consistent. If I create a new WebI report from the same universe and just select Brand, then the data for Brand displays correctly, when I add Fiscal Year, the data begins to look messed up, when I add yet another field, the data looks ever more messed up. The data displayed for Brand will change, the data displayed for Fiscal Year will change, and so on if I try to add/remove fields form the query. Today we tried installing the latest patches for BOBJ 4.0 SP04 which was patch 7 with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Anthony

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Dec 07, 2012 at 09:53 PM

    I would suggest you to test with the latest available patch level and if persists then open a CSS message with support

    thanks

    SC

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Anthony,

      What version of XI 3.0 did you migrate from. You need to on XI 3.1 w/ SP3 min for OLAP UNV to be migrated properly. Also when was the last time you refreshed your OLAP UNV structure. Couple of options to try:

      - Option1: Refresh Structure in XI 3.1 w/ SP3 first and then migrate UNV

      - Option2: Refresh structure in BI 4.0 Universe designer

      - You could also create a Relation Connection and UNX and change data source from UNV to UNX

      Regards,

      Ajay

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.