I am working on ECC 6.0 EHP5 system to implement custom solution for communicating with External catalogs from Purchase requisition WDA application MMPUR_SPPR_MAIN_APPL, Currently this application does not have catalog button.
Following is my idea:
- Maintain necessary entries in SPRO -->Material Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Web Services: ID and Description for external catalogs.
- Add a custom button for catalog in component configuration.
- For handling an action of this button,Create a custom WebDynpro ABAP Component implementing FPM interface, to send data to external catalogs and to receive the data from external catalogs.
- On click of catalog button WDA application, read data from this customizing and show the external catalog options to the users.
- Based on user selection, send data to catalog by calling this external OCI websites by suspending current application.
- User will select the items on catalogs screen and press check out, user will now be back to the application which was suspended.
- In this resumed application, read the items from URL and process it to add it in PR.
My questions are:
- How do i launch this custom webdynpro application on click of a button? do i need to create any launch pads in lpd_cust transaction?
- How do i suspend the current application?
- How do i resume the application when data is sent back from catalog?
- what should be the HOOK_URL for this custom application?
Can you kindly help to get these questions answered?