Request your inputs on how to resolve the below mentioned issue:
1. A Customer Invoice USD 50,000 was Posted in Month of October.
2. The Payment USD 48,000 was Received in the same month.
3. USD 2000 was written off as Residual Item using 2 Different Reason Codes.
In month of November user realized that the amount is written off using wrong reason codes.
Now he wants to reverse the whole transaction and Post with correct reason codes.
1. The user did FBRA and reset the payment Document in One of the Company Code.Now both invoice and Payment are shown as open in FBL5N.
2. Now when the user Does FBU8 to complete the Cross Company Code Document Reversal the user i getting the error messageF5496 Intercompany transaction cannot be completely reversed
3. While doing FBU8 we have selected the Reversal Reason as 01-Reversal in current period.
4. The Problem here is October Period is Closed now.
5. How can we handle this issue.? Since both Invoice and Payment are lying as still open Can we clear the open invoice and payment again using correct reason code. But i am not sure if it would have some other Accounting impact as its a cross company code transaction.