Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Problem with output of report not matching whats in database

I have a report that pulls data from the data base and displays each record in the access data base on a single sheet.

So i Enter my parameter field to sort what i want to display.

For my particular parameter i have 42 records.

when i am in the preview tab of the report it actualy says at the bottom right of the screen "Records:42".

But when i export to PDF i noticed that it only exports 21 records.

I then began to scroll through each output in the preview tab and found that it only brings up 21.

I tried this with other parameters and began to realize that for some reason when i enter my parameter field it only displays half in the preview of what is true in the data base.

Any one have any issues with this that can help me?


Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Nov 15, 2012 at 02:11 PM

    Hi James,

    It looks like you have 42 records and these 42 records are splited across 21 pages.

    Correct me if I am wrong.

    - Kuldeep

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      ok i found out why its doing that.

      i deviate from the page margins.

      I want my data to fit all on one page. Before what was happening was i would get a spill over and have a blank second page. So after each record i would get a blank second page. to fix that i made the page margins small so i would not have blank pages. However in doing that for some reason or another it only gives me half my records. Any one have a clue why that happening?

  • Posted on Nov 15, 2012 at 02:12 PM

    Hi James,

    What you see on the top (21/21) is actually the number of pages. That has nothing to do with the number of records in the report.

    How many pages of data do you have in the report and the exported pdf file?

    - Abhilash

    Follow us on Twitter

    Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

    Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Jimmy,

      Not enough info and not clear how your report is laid out, so it sounds like you have a bunch of data and your report is Grouped on a field that returns 42 rows of data? And these rows then fill each page with some other data to fill up one page?

      Did you write the report or are you just running it? If you did not write it then talk to the person who did, maybe they can explain what is happening.

      And to clarify, where are you seeing these numbers, along the top menu area:

      Or bottom of the designer:


Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.