Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

SUM can't parse stack.xml

Hello experts,

when trying to update PI 7.11 to 7.31 we're facing the problem, that the stack.xml (created via mopz transaction for all systems- means development, consolidation and production) has been created and can be downloaded.

When the SUM (1.0, SP 5) asks for the file and we point to it the following error is shown:

"SAXParserException. stack.xml is not a valid stack definition file. content is not allowed in prolog".

When using the delta configuration file for e.g. the development system which has also been created no error occurs.

There is no obvious content in the file that might explain the reason for this error.

The content in the xml-prolog is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Has anybody of you been facing the same issue and maybe found out the reason and/or solution for it?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Phillip

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

    After generating a new stack.xml the SUM was finally able to parse it.

    We have no idea what the reason was in the first try, but now we're glad that it works.

    As a simple conclusion for future reader of this thread: generating the stack.xml again might solve the problem 😊

    Thank you and best regards,

    Philip

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM

    Did you able to upgrade any of your systems with stack file generated specifically for it?

    Did you copeid the stack.xml file from EPS/in directory of your Solman? The name must be long then. If not, did you change the filename?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 11, 2012 at 08:04 AM

    Hello Philip,

    The issue could be with the stack.xml also. Did you try to generate a new stack.xml and try it??

    Could you please let me know if you have made any manual changes in the stack.xml?

    Please try to open the stack.xml file in some HEX editor and let me know if you find some strange

    characters.

    Regards,

    Gaurav

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

    Thank you for your input.

    What we did:

    • completed mopz-transaction and downloaded stack.xml file from there (we did not use the one which was put into SolMan-directory automatically)
    • tried to use the configuration file generated for the single system: that worked- at least SUM was able to parse the file
    • there were no manual changes made in the stack.xml
    • checked the stack.xml in HEX-editor but found no suspicious charackter, byte-order-mark or something like that

    We will now generate a new stack.xml and see if that will work. I keep you updated..

    Regards,

    Phillip

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.