Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

bug on jdbc driver shipped with 7.8

Hi,

I think I found a bug on the jdbc driver (or on the db) shipped with 7.8.02.21.

When EnableVariableOutput is YES, the following query returns an incorrect number of rows. Using an older JDBC driver, or setting the parameter to OFF returns the correct result.

select spedizione0_.ID as col_0_0_ from ECF3.SPEDIZIONE spedizione0_ left outer join ECF3.FATTURA fattura1_ on spedizione0_.ID_FATTURA=fattura1_.ID left outer join ECF3.FATTURA_RIGHE righe2_ on fattura1_.ID=righe2_.ID_FATTURA where spedizione0_.ID_CANALE=9 and spedizione0_.ID_PUNTOPARTENZA=1 and spedizione0_.ID_CORRIERE=1 and spedizione0_.DATA>='2012-04-01' and spedizione0_.DATA<='2012-04-30' group by spedizione0_.ID order by spedizione0_.DATA

removing

order by spedizione0_.DATA

always works whatever version of jdbc driver or setting of EnableVariableOutput parameter

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 08, 2012 at 02:09 PM

    Hi Andrea,

    could you please upgrade your database kernel to 7.8.02.31 and check this issue again.

    I found a fix which sounds it could fix your problem as well.

    Regards, Christiane

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I have just read through my answers above and I think I have been misleading you - sorry for the confusion, its been some time that I had used 'dbmrelocate' myself...

      The purpose of 'dbmrelocate' is to move databases from one software installation path to another software installation path. This works fine, but you must have exactly the same database software installed in the new path - so, yes, the target folder must contain a MaxDB software installation.

      The problem with your upgrade was that the 'Indep'Programs' path is the same as the 'InstallationPath' for all your databases. I would still recommend to change this.

      Here is my suggestion:

      1. Use sdbinst of version 7.8.02.21 to install the database software in for example '/opt/sdb/78'. It is important that you use a version that matches the databases you want to move (because dbmrelocate cannot upgrade...). It is perfectly fine that all your instances of 7.8 are sharing the same installation path, so no need to separate them (as I might have had incorrectly suggested, I think). This installation path will remain the same even if the database software is upgraded, so you probably should not call it something like '...78021', because soon you will have software of 7.8.02.28 installed, therefore better not use database version numbers...

      2. When you are done with sdbinst, use 'sdbregview' to verify that you have a new installation path available.

      3. Now start 'dbmrelocate' to move the existing databases of version 7.8.02.21 to the new installation path (the '-target' switch must point to the sdbregview install directory output). If you want to test only (without moving anything), use the '-simulate' switch first and then repeat without simulate, if the result looks good.

      4. Once the 7.8 databases are relocated and separated from the 'IndepPrograms' path, you should be able to upgrade them easily with 'sdbupg' from now on.

      Thorsten

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.