Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Authorization error while sending by HTTP (error code: 401 , error text: Unauthorized)

Hello Experts,

We have freshly installed our Quality PI system and while testing first proxy to file interface we got this error in SXMB_MONI.

This error we are getting in Call Adapter step. I checked profiles of RFC user that is used in HTTP destination of ECC->PI, PIAFUSER and PIISUSER and also ensured that these are not locked.

The profiles are very much similar to one that we have in our Dev PI system. I checked one discussion which details about such error but that one is more incase of insufficient connections which i guess is not our case.

Any clue what could have went wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 20, 2012 at 04:55 AM

    The problem is now resolved. BASIS team applied the patch and then it started working.

    Actually the problem was only for InterfaceCollection pattern which I guess would have resolved by the patch.

    Anyways thanks Michal for suggesting to have an ABAP trace.

    Regards

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Nov 06, 2012 at 07:36 AM

    hi,

    if you're using ABAP stack for proxy on PI you can always turn on the user auth trace on PI and check once more,

    Regards,

    Michal Krawczyk

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Michal,

      Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

      I applied ST01 trace for Authorization and HTTP and when I checked the results, I could see that it failed while making a HTTP call to the messaging system. The user was the RFC user that we configured into the HTTP RFC destination of ECC.

      However interestingly, I noticed that the URL that it used for messaging system was not fully qualified e.g. the fully qualified name of our PI URL is <url>.<company name>.com:<port> while it was just taking <url>:<port>.

      I checked in SLD and found the same in configuration URL of the business system (Under Integration tab of business system) and hence changed the configuration URL to fully qualified domain name however the same result.

      Is there any other place from which the system determines the URL of the messaging system. I tried to find a parameter in the Exchagne profile but couldn't found one.

      Regards

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 06, 2012 at 08:21 AM

    Dear Ameet,

     

    Kindly check whether the users have role SAP_XI_AF_SERV_USER_MAIN and SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.  User Type should be System type.

    Also check the following RFC Parameters in Communication channel.i.e.User,Password,Client and Application server. Refer this link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3165339

     

    Regards

    Robinson Thomas

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded