Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

UWL XML Config problem...

Hi Experts

I have the following xml config for my UWL.

The problem I am having is that all attributes which are of type string, pull through their values correctly from the Workflow container, but the 'double' type attributes only pull through as value '0'.

Any idea whay this is happening? I have tried using different types, but nothing I change has any effect.

The container does contain values other than '0' when I look at the task in SBWP.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS90000138" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="Mass_approvals_and_RejectionsView1351074930366_2">
      <ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS90000138" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
        <CustomAttributeSource id="ABAP_BOR" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="BUS2009" cacheValidity="session">
          <Attribute name="NUMBER" type="string" displayName="Purchase Requisition Number"/>
          <Attribute name="DESCRIPTION" type="string" displayName="Description"/>
          <Attribute name="CREATEDBY" type="string" displayName="Created By"/>
          <Attribute name="QUANTITYREQUESTED" type="double" displayName="Quantity Requested"/>
          <Attribute name="VALUATIONPRICE" type="double" displayName="Price"/>
          <Attribute name="CURRENCYKEY" type="string" displayName="Currency"/>
          <Attribute name="TOTALVALUE" type="double" displayName="Total Value"/>

Thanks in advance

Anton Kruse

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 05, 2012 at 11:41 AM

    The CustomAttributeSource contains the actual attributes:

    Attributes for Attributes:


    Name of the attribute at the object specified by CustomAttributeSource.

    This will also be the name of the attribute at the UWL item and the display attribute of the view, and it can be referenced by for example, filter expressions.


    Specifies the target type of the attribute at the item: double, int, date or string (default).

    Usually obsolete: the source attribute type automatically determines the target attribute type.

    You mentioned that "nothing I change has any effect."
    My suggestion is, whenever you make any changes to the config file, change its name and upload it.
    also clear the cache everytime after uploading the new/changed config.

    Try using type "string" for all the attributes mentioned above.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 08:06 AM

    SAP have come back to me to say it is a consulting issue.

    Does anyone else have any ideas?

    Our next step is to link from the attribute in the BOR object directly in the task. Hopefully this will bring through the numerical values.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.