Skip to Content

HDBC 10005 Error on 1.0.6 Update

1.0.5 was installed and working flawlessly. 1.0.6 throws an error when trying to acquire from CSV, Free Hand SQL, or Universe;

An Error Occured:

Data Source creation failed / The engine failed to start before timeout. Restart the application. (HDB 10005)

No hits when searching the usual suspects. Anybody encountered this before?

Thanks.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Oct 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM

    Hi,

    This is unexpected - I suspect an installation problem.

    I've been using SP06 in anger for a few days now, and didn't hit this error.
    However, I did experience something similar when applying an upgrade build previously.

    Do any of your colleagues experience the same?

    I'm under the impression your local sybase Iq db instance isn't healthy. Can you see the "IQsrv15" process running in the Task Manager when trying to aquire data ?

    Would you be able to try fully uninstalling your build and re-installing from scratch?

    Regards,
    H

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hey Henry,

      So I did observe this the first time around, reinstalled 1.0.5 for a few days and ran fine with it. I tried to install 1.0.6 again last night and same issue that prompted this post.

      As a matter of fact, I do not see IQsrv15 running at any point during the attempt to acquire data.

      Interestingly, I just tried a new workflow that did work, however. I uninstalled the version I got from SAP TechEd on the thumb drive, pulled it down from the web site, and ran the update again and it worked.

      I can't imagine how the 1.0.5 builds would have been any different.

  • Posted on Nov 23, 2012 at 07:05 AM

    Hi Henry,

    I read the note. But it doesn't have anything for solution 😔 I'm trying samples in VI.Again I'm not able to display any sample! It gives same error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing changed. There isn't any other sybaseiq installation that can blocking. so?

    OS: Windows7, 32bit installation

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 02, 2012 at 08:26 PM

    Hello, I also am receiving the same error with version 1.0.6 when connecting to Excel or CSV data source. I uninstalled, and installed again, but this did not fix the error.

    Thank you, Ron

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 22, 2012 at 04:40 PM

    Hi,

    I have installed 1.0.7 ,32 bit version as trial. I have same error message (HDB 10005) while loading excel file. If it's important i don't see any task IQsrv15.exe running in task manager.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi,

      in case you can't access the above note, i copy / paste the information here:

      Cause

      • Can be an installation problem, or shortage of system resources.
      • Happens when the sybase iq process (iqsrv15.exe) doesn't appear in the Task Manager.

      Resolution

      1. Selecting a different dataset, or restarting the application (or operating system) usually resolves the error by freeing RAM (memory) allocation.
      2. In certain situations, removing a conflicting SybaseIQ client middleware installation can unblock the application.
      3. In some cases, an uninstall/reinstall of the software may be required. Please download the latest version from the marketplace or use the update function in the client. (File > preferences > auto-update)

      Regards,

      H

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 11, 2014 at 07:53 PM

    I also got "The engine failed to start before timeout. Restart the application. (HDB 10005)". Using SAP Lumira version 1.14, build 870. Fixed it by removing spaces and an apostrophe by renaming my Windows Account Name in the path. I suspect that the iqsrv15 is sensitive to them. It required the steps in this link How to rename a default user directory after changing computer name? , followed by reinstallation of Lumira.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.