Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Portal Request Failed error when importing BAPI function

I'm running SAP EP 6 sp9 with a R/3 4.6c backend system. The portal is connected properly to the backend and verified with the connection tests. I've mapped my portal user to the R/3 user using the user mapping function. I mapped to the sap* user on the backend.

From Visual Composer I can successfully connect to the portal and can search BAPIs. However when I drag and drop the BAPI onto the workspace it tries to read the metadata and then fails with a "Portal Request Failed (no specific exception)" error dialog. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix this.

Thank you.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 19, 2005 at 12:39 PM

    you should check if you are able to create with the same user 'sap connector iview' from the portal based ont hat system and BAPI. there might be a problem in the portal.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      After reading some of the posts in this forum about possible solutions, I decided to upgrade to the latest versions of everything. So now I have

      - SAP EP6 SP12 (with patch 5 add-ons)

      - Visual Composer 6 Patch 5

      The portal connects to an R/3 4.6c system. I've configured the connection properties and the user mappings. The connection test indicates it connects SUCCESFULLY (with a green checkmark).

      However when I import a BAPI (BAPI_BANK_GETLIST) it fails when trying to read the metadata. The error I get is <b>Portal Request Failed (Native connection to the backend system is broken)</b>. The log file indicates that the root cause is <b>Failed to get alias mappers sub context in portal registry</b>

      Why is that happening? The portal can connect to the backend fine. I used the connectionTester iView and it worked fine. Even regular iViews can connect to the backend ok. Please help, I've run out of options.

      thanks

      Message was edited by: Tim Choo

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 19, 2005 at 06:55 AM

    Does that BAPI have any nested structures or something like that in its parameters?

    Lior

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 09, 2005 at 10:07 PM

    Please try the note # 717836

    I had the same issue and the solution in 717836 worked for me.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.