Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Web.config in Visual Studio 2010 not working with Crystal Reports version 13

I have upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 and upgrading an existing 2005 Web ASP site to 2010. When I edit a report form with a Crystal Report in it - it puts the following line in the Web.config file,

"CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode"

But then the program always errors out upon starting of the web application until I take these added lines out of the web.config file.

I am using Crystal Reports 13 for Visual Studio 2010.

Please help.

Mike

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Aug 06, 2012 at 10:50 AM

    Hi Mike,

    What is the exact error message that you are facing? and the exception?

    Are you able to create a new Crystal Reports .NET application with VS 2010?

    - Bhushan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Bhushan Hyalij

      Bhushan,

      I used the process monitor and looked up all the *.config files it loaded, but there didn't seem to be any problem there.

      That did get me thinking though about the default startup document for my web site in the IIS configuration for that site. Mine is "default.aspx", but it was not the first in the list, so I moved it up to the top of the list. This automatically made an entry in the web.config file with this default startup document list order. Then things seem to work fine and the Crystal Reports Designer no longer puts those lines into the web.config that were causing the problem.

      This is what was added to my web.config by IIS.

          <system.webServer>

              <defaultDocument>

                  <files>

                      <clear />

                      <add value="default.aspx" />

                  </files>

              </defaultDocument>

          </system.webServer>

      Thanks for your help in guiding me in the right direction.

      Mike