Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Dynamic rooting is not working for majority of the users ids

Dear All

Dynamic rooting is correctly working for only few user ids but is not working for most of the user ids. We are getting an error message - "Cannot find the root of your orgchart. The orgchart box may have been deleted or incorrectly specified, or no valid org structure can be found for the selected effective date. Please change the root of the chart or select another effective date".

  • The issue is not related to authorization as we have assigned the correct roles & have even tested with SAP_ALL profile. But the issue still persists.
  • We are testing for one of the standard hierarchy of Nakisa.
  • All active employees are assigned to an valid Org unit
  • We are using the live connection
  • OrgChart General settings made --- Orgchart root value source = User record , User record field = Org Unit ID (Org_Unit)
  • By assigning the static root Org unit the hierarchy view is working fine for all the user ids.
  • Even if we set the root org unit to the one to which our test account id (which is given an error) is assigned then also We can correctly see the occupied position in the chart that corresponds to the employee for whom the user account is assigned.
  • We have created few custom Nakisa roles in portal & have also role mapped it with custom Nakisa backend roles (which were copies of the standard roles as listed below)

Role Std roles copied Manager Nakisa - Line Manager Employee Nakisa - Executive Everyone Nakisa - Role for Everyone

Note:- If we test the same scenarios using the standard Live_RFC build, all the scenarios for all the user ids are working fine. Also in the standard build copy we did not do any role mapping. But still single sign-on configuration is working.

The issue is coming for our custom build only.

The Warning messages we are getting in the log are:

WARN com.nakisa.Logger - Configuration merge warning: : Right configuration is null - Merge skipped!

WARN com.nakisa.Logger - ChartingProcessor : renderChart : Empty Struct passed to render chart for rendering

The sample Data we are using is :

Role user ids PERNR Emp Name Org Unit Position Description Dynamic rooting Result Manager ID_01 500001 Emp 1 CEO & President Office CEO Working Fine ID_02 47 Emp 2 DIR.QUALITY ASSURANCE SVP | QUALITY ASSURANCE NOT Working Employee (executive) ID_03 500003 Emp 3 DIR.QUALITY ASSURANCE Quality Officer NOT Working Everyone (supervisor) ID_04 50 Emp 4 EXC.VICE PRESIDENCY, (HUMAN RESOURCES) CHRO (CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER) Working Fine HR ID_05 51 Emp 5 DIR. PERSONNEL SVP | PERSONNEL NOT Working

Kindly guide us in resolving the issue.

Regards

Ravindra

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 13, 2012 at 09:23 AM

    Hi Ravindra,

    Just to add to Luke's answer.

    Check out this KBA which are some questions we ask customers dealing with this error.

    1708773 - Cannot find the root of your OrgChart

    Kind Regards,

    Matthew

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Dear All

      We were able to resolve this issue. It was mainly an data issue.

      We had activated another language along with the English language & had set the other language as the default language. For our test data Org units, data was not maintained in the other language.

      Once when we maintained the Org unit data in the other language (which was the default language in Nakisa) using PP02 transaction & tested the dynamic rooting was working correctly for all the different test scenarios.

      Really we learned the hard way!

      Regards

      Ravindra

  • Posted on Jul 12, 2012 at 02:39 PM

    Hi Ravindra,

    Usually Nakisa would provide the same error for all users, rather than for some and not for others. Initially I would begin my investigation on the backend.

    As per the forum rules, please provide the application version and cds.log for the working and not working logins.

    I suggest you check the authorizatons of your role mapping user as this is what retrieves the user object. It might be that it cannot retrieve the org data for some orgunits and therefore the user object doesn't contain the orgunit ID.

    Best regards,

    Luke

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.