Skip to Content

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE

Hi All,

We are using PI 7.3 AEX and we are facing an issue with error

java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@59669dbccom.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <CREMASEXT>:
state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=1271, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=1272

as we know this error is because of control records not filled or segment is not mapped to constant "1". and patch level of SERVERCORE.

Now i have checked all and the same was working fine. i just added few more fields in mapping and activated then it started with this error. Then i revert back to normal even then its same. Finaly i just deabled that segment then its working fine. And checked whats wrond in that segment mapping evry thing is fine. And the same mapping was working very much fine few days back as strongly belive that it not with mapping there is some thing else need to do ..

can any one help me what need to be done apart from this.

checked these notes number

SAP Note 1278687 - Exception in the IDocXMLProcessor

(IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE)

sapnote_0001406965



sapnote_0001247043

refered http://scn.sap.com/message/13362747 this thread as well





Regards

Vijay G

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Jul 11, 2012 at 10:37 PM

    When you say, "i just added few more fields in mapping and activated then it started with this error." do you mean you added a new Idoc structure? Or you just mapped already existing fields in the structure? What happens when you just map constants to these fields?

    Regards,

    Prateek Raj Srivastava

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM

    Hi All,

    I had a similar issue on a different tag on the IDOC-XML. I fixed it by modifying the mapping for the CREDAT and CRETIM fields on the Control Record EDI_DC40 so that the date and time formats correspond to SAP Internal Formats ddMMyyyy & hhMMss. Later on I removed the mapping on these optional fields and the IDoc was still being sent to ECC successfully.

    Lay out the IDOC-XML in a file, linearize it if it is not already so and check the field on the character number in the error. Chances are that you need to modify that field mapping to make the IDoc work.

    Hope that helps.

    Cheers,

    Varun

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.