I am a HR ABAP developer new to the ESS/MSS world. I would like to know if my assumptions below are correct from a ESS/MSS perspective..
(1) Upto EHP4 the Home Page Framework was used. All standard and custom WD iviews(WD ABAP or Java applications) are assigned in the home page framework by the portal administrator.The Home Page framework is available via the portal.
(2) EHP5 uses Launch Pad. The portal administrator does not have to log to the portal anymore. Instead he can assign the Web Dynpro ABAP applications in the transaction LPD_CUST
(3) Clients with EHP4 on the portal can upgrade to EHP5 only on the backend and choose to stay with EHP4 on the portal.
(4) Standard WD JAVA applications do not exist in EHP5
(5) The launch pad is a Floor Plan Manager application and if we need to add a custom iview/WD ABAP application then its like adding a new UIBB to the FPM.
Any additional information apart form YES or NO to my assumptions would be great.