Skip to Content

SAP gui 730 problems on 4.6C/4.70 backends in se38/se80

Hi all gurus,

we're facing an odd behaviour on some older backend with the new sap GUI release.

Shortly: we are working in change mode, or even creating a new report or function module, from se38/se37.

If we cut & paste some lines of sourcecode, a syntax error is triggered when we check the code itself.

The check function often deletes portions of the source code itself, triggering syntax errors.

See the example that follows; after the foo variable declaration there WAS a function module call; I simply pressed the check button, and that's what I see.

We're dealing with these problems only with the new SAP GUI (720 works fine instead) and only on these backends (on an ECC 6.0 we don't have such problems).

Did anyone experience the same behaviour? Is there any feasible solution or workaround?

Another question... is it possible to have two different SAP GUI versions installed on the same machine?
Thanks in advance,

Best regards

test.PNG (37.6 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM

    Hi Matteo,

    I had the same problem with older 640.  As soon as I saved my code, most would be 'missing' (in the Backend-Editor it was still visible, albiet with trailing garbage...)

    So, I swapped the DLL that holds the Textedit control with  a 7.20 GUI (I used 7200.2.4.223), and it worked!

    How it do it:

    • Stop the GUI
    • Run (in a Command-Prompt Window)

    regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\textedit.dll"

    (change the Path appropriately)

    • Swap the DLLs
    • Run

    regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\textedit.dll"

    And, if there weren't any error messages, then it could work...

    But beware, it may have unknown side-effects that could cause premature balding...

    Regards,

    Rob

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Rob,

      I like your answer and I try do it, but I don´t finish the resolution. Can you explain me, what I have to do with this:

      I swapped the DLL that holds the Textedit control with  a 7.20 GUI (I used 7200.2.4.223),

      I don´t understand. I have to change the textedit.dll of 7.30 GUI for the textedit.dll 7.20 GUI and run the last one.

      Thanks!!! 😊

  • Aug 09, 2012 at 09:07 AM

    Hello Matteo,
    It's not possible to have two different versions of SAPGUI for Windows installed,but it

    is possible to have multiple versions of SAPGUI for Java installed on a Windows OS.

    Regarding the issue itself, you should raise a message for this issue and provide

    the sourcecode for recreating the issue so we can fix the issue.

    Jude

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Jude,

      we cannot raise an OSS message to SAP as the switch to 730 release is not a task for the company we're working for, it's merely an update for us, of the dev team, and it's not necessary as we can keep working on the latest 720.

      Is there any changelog available for the 730 release? So strange that such an huge problem hasn't been fixed on following releases, we tried the first one.

      For what concerns an "howto" for the issue, the procedure is quite simple.

      Just copy a custom sourcecode, then create a new FM or report and paste the code previously copied. Then press the "Pretty printer" button.

      You should encounter the problem we had tracked in the screenshot above.

      Kind regards,

      M.

      EDIT: I just tried with the latest download available from SAP and nothing changed. How is it possible that a relevant issue like this one hasn't been raised yet? Maybe it's just a configuration issue? Any further info or update on the argument would be highly appreciated.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 08, 2012 at 09:37 PM

    Hi Matteo, today we were trying  the new SapGui 7.30 and we have experienced the same errors with older systems.

    Particulary Business Information Warehouse 3.0B (SAP_BW 30B, SAP_BASIS 620)

    and R/3 release 4.6C (SAP_BASIS 46C)

    It seems that the problem is with the line lenght parameter. We were not able to fix this and we had to stop the rollout of new SapGUI.

    I just can't imagine that such a huge bug was not found during testing... Maybe some others settings could fix it..

    Regards

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM

    Dear all, just stumbled on this post and figured I might as well reply.

    There is a patch level 3 coming out in January / February which the fix included for this issue.

    I raised it with SAP about a month ago because we experienced the same issue in our company where we have systems dating from 4.6b till ECC6..

    So be patient and it shall be fixed. Untill then, if you google, there is a 'hack' available that will fix the problem as well.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 11, 2012 at 08:44 PM

    Hi Matteo.

    Some issues has the new SAPGUI 730, for this, SAP AGS shall delivery coming soon level patch 2 for that SAPGUI

    Attach the text on this SAP Note 1053737:

    Erick Verbena

    PROLAMSA

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded