Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

NoClassFoundDef returned from Webservice after Portal upgrade from 7.0 to 7.3

Hi Experts,

We are currently facing an issue with a custom solution in EP which was upgraded from 7.0 to 7.3 SP07.

As you can see in the screen shot above, when we tried to run the web service from Web Services Navigator, we got this error. Previously before upgrade, there wasn't any issue with this service. Also I have tried recreating the service in a new web module DC, but it also seems to end in the same error.

Has anyone faced this issue before after upgrade?

I know that the information here might not be complete as the solution is very complex, so please ask me any questions regarding the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

//Ju Lian

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Jun 29, 2012 at 08:15 AM

    what class is missing?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 29, 2012 at 08:54 AM

    Hi Experts,


    There is a small break through. It seems that classes relating to MDM Java API is causing the error. The error seems to be relating to unable to find the classes, but I have already added the com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j into the dependency and the WS is still not working.

    Are there any more ideas that can lead us in the right path?

    Thanks in advance

    //Ju Lian

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Ju Lian,

      so are you deploying a web service as an EJB bean on some Java AS that connects to MDM then?

      I am familiar with this scenario, although it's been some time that I developed on it. Have you tried to include the API directly in the web service you deploy? That is not a nice solution, but a check whether it is the link which is the problem or something else.

      Are you sure it is the MDM4J.JAR the file you need? As far as I remember the API was split up into several jars, at least from MDM 7.1 on. This question you probably better place in the MDM forum.

      Regards,

      Jörg

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.