Skip to Content

SUP 2.1.2 - (Blackberry native app) Update operation not updating the MBO


I have an MBO based on a SAP RFC, it contains material data. Then I've added an update operation to this MBO, using exactly the same structure for the update operation RFC and the RFC to query the data for the MBO.

Finally, I'm triggering the update operation from my Blackberry SUP app, and when the device synchronizes with SUP, the RFC is called (I can debug it with an external breakpoint), but the MBO is not updated. The result of this is the backend having the material updated but not the SUP CDB...

I know I can simply make the operation to invalidate the cache to load the data from the backend again, but I don't want this because the cache group is "scheduled" and I want to load the data from the backend just once a day, so I need the device updating the MBO too when it's calling the update RFC

My blackberry code

//Get the material to updateMATERIALS material = MATERIALS.findByPrimaryKey('123');//Fill update material structureZSUP_MATERIAL supMaterial = new ZSUP_MATERIAL();supMaterial.setMATNR(material.getMATNR());supMaterial.setSTOCK(10);//Call update operation and synchronizematerial.updateMaterial(supMaterial);material.submitPending();MATERIALSDB.synchronize();

PS: I did this before in a test environment with SUP 2.1.1 and sampledb and it worked, it looks like the problem is when I use RFCs instead of a database...

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 28, 2012 at 05:04 AM

    Hi Marsh

    Before calling submit pending operation, Try to call the save operation of that particular Class. By calling save method data will be get updated in the CDB before syncing with the backend. by doing this you will have a data updated in CDB.Your using scheduled sync, so at that time CDB will be updated with the data from Backend.

    Thanks & Regards


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Marçal Oliveras

      Hi Marshal

      The sequence you describe is correct.

      1. Device updates local DB

      2. Calls operation:update which updates SAP and on success

      3. the CDB must be updated, if the MBO and the return output structure of the RFC is the same

      One more thing you can check to see is if you have checked the check box "Apply to cache" in your MBO. Other than this I can see nothing wrong with what you have done.

      May be you have already solved the problem, please let us know if you have.



Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.