Skip to Content

Automatic Refresh issue with Xcelsius and Live office


Hello Gurus,

We are currently using the following architecture. We create Web intelligence Reports on top of universes. We pull these reports using Live office 3.1. We built a Dashboard using these reports using Xcelsius 2008 sp3 fix pack 3.5. Our dashboard has 4 views 1)Daily for current month 2) monthly for last 12 months 3) quarterly and 4) Yearly and all 4 views are in different Dashboards. All the Webi reports are scheduled to refresh at 9:am on daily basis and this is happening perfectly.

The issue is that some of the Reports in the Daily view (About 15 out of 30 reports in daily view ) are not updated when i open the Dashboard in the infoview. All the reports are scheduled and refresh regularly in Infoview. But only these few reports arent getting updated on the Dashboard. We have to manually open the xlf file, refresh all reports in live office using Refresh all reports option and then upload it back for daily use. Can anyone help with this issue ?

The connections in Data->Connections part of xlf are successfully created with correct web services url. IF in case there is a version mimatch, how come only few reports arent getting refreshed.

Pls help. Thanks in advance. Do let me know if you need mroe information.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    May 23, 2012 at 08:31 PM

    Hi,

    Can you please check that all the Live Office Connections in Data -> Connections section in Xcelsius has the property "Refresh Before components are loaded" or if you are using a refresh button, could you please check that all this connections are include in the list of available connections of the button?

    Another thing that you can check is if in the live office properties, for these objects the refresh setting is set to the latest instance.

    Hope this helps.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • PROBLEM SOLVED.

      Thanks Esteban for your advice. I was able to figure out the problem with fiddler. The problem is with data grid in the Xcelsius->Data Connections->Live office connections. Once i created the connections, the data grid takes the webi block currently in the excel. when we open the document the next day, one more record is being added but the data grid isnt increasing to one more row. We manually selected data grid to the largest data set possible which is 31 rows for 31 days.

      Phew!!

      Thanks!