Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Issue while assigning a cube to a new tablespace

Hello,

I am trying to deal with some issue about tablespaces in BW.

I created a new infocube by copying an existing one, and I need to assign it to a new tablespace. I used the Cube Maintain Storage DB Parameters menu and assigned the fact & dimension tables to my new tablespace.

But then, when I look for the dimension / fact table of this cube in SE14 / Storage Parameters

I obtain unsatisfying results:

- Current (DB): the tablespaces are still the old ones (index & data)

- Technical settings: everything looks fine

- For new creation: everything looks fine

What should I do for the new cube to really use the new tablespaces?

Is there any additional DB operation?

Moreover, I transported the new cube to another environment. On this other environment I have the following results (SE14 / Storage Parameters):

- Technical settings: everything looks fine

- Current (DB): old TS for the 1st partition, new TS for the others. Old TS for the indexes.

- For new creation: old tablespaces everywhere.

I already read notes 771191, 46272. I checked the tables TAORA, IAORA & TSORA which were OK on the 1st environment, but not on the 2nd. I also checked the TS in DB02.

Does anyone know how to deal with these problems?

Thanks,

Samuel.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 14, 2005 at 01:17 AM

    I have not tried changing the tables spaces yet! but i strongly believe that you need to use BR*Tools to change the tablespaces. From the menu path that you have describe i suspect that you can only change the data class and not table space.

    Find out the tables that you want in the new tablespace using listschema, then use BRTools and change them. You may refer to online help for the alter tablespace commands in BRTools.

    If you try the above or other ways to change the tablespaces, please let us know the outcome.

    Cheers...Elango

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      I emptied and reactivated the cube : the tablespaces seem OK on the original environment.

      I transported the cube on the other environment, after having emptied it, everything looks fine: I am going to perform some additional tests to validate this.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.