I have come across a strange requirement. I would appreciate if someone reconfirm me or suggest few more ideas.
- In inspection plan one of the MICs is LENGTH which has only upper limits as 1.90mm
- I believe it does indicate that any reading which equals to or smaller than 1.90mm is valuated as Accept in QA32 during RR.
- Requirement is all the readings that are below or < 1.90 mm are acceptable but 1.90 should have Reject valuation.
- Is that feasible to apply some kind of rule for achieving this?
Alternatives that came in to my mind are,
- Upper limit should be changed to 1.89 or 1.899. As a result of which absolute 1.90 would result in Reject
- Or description of MIC should be LENGTH (< 1.90) with upper limit as 1.90 mm as the specification would be printed in COA. Thereafter user should valuate it manually and reject if reading is 1.90
I clarify few more aspects here,
Basically there are following possibilities for the values in fields of lower limit and upper limit.
- < 1.90 = All values below 1.90 are acceptable but 1.90 is not
- ≤ 1.90 = All values below 1.90 and equal to 1.90 are acceptable
- ≥ 1.90 = All values greater than 1.90 or equal to 1.90 are acceptable
- >1.90 = All values greater than 1.90 are acceptable but 1.90 is not
Is there any feasibility to accommodate above cases in specification in inspection plan
Message was edited by: Anand Rao