Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Workflow run time dump

Hi all,

I am facing one strange problem . I have CRM workflow in production. Its working Perfectly except one problem. Out of 20-30 times workflow triggers perfectly, one time it is giving dump in background.

In SWEL , where I can see the log, I can see log of all workitems but for that one out of thirty workitem, I am not able to see the log, I am not getting Display workitem button there...however it is showing Receiver Started correctly.

I traced it in ST22 using time. Same time this errored workitem triggered, same time one runtime dump is coming CONV_EXIT_FIELD_TOO_SHORT

in program SAPLALFA.

Frequency of this dump is one out of 20-30. Rest of the workflow instances are working perfectly.

Its is showing following message

Error in the SAP kernel.

The current ABAP "SAPLALFA" program had to be terminated because the
ABAP processor detected an internal system error.

Please suggest some solution. Is there any SAP note for this. Below is the screenshot for this...this problem is occuring rarely...rest of the time i m not getting this problem.

workflow_log.jpg (91.4 kB)
st22.jpg (133.0 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Apr 30, 2012 at 08:44 AM

    Hi,

    Its due to some binding element which is refer to some data element which have some conversion routine in its domain. Check some value length you are binding is not correct. You have to increase the length.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Apr 30, 2012 at 08:47 AM

    Hi Abhishek,

    Are you trying to create any CRM service order by using the business object BUS2000116, then may be you should check 1541070 note.

    It might help you.

    Regards

    Pavan

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Pavan Chand Bhamidipati

      I think ..I got the issue...there was one ALPHA conversion routine call to convert Business partner number in custom program. It is fetching the value in CHAR32 type variable , may be that can be the reason. I replaced it with standard data element BU_PARTNER.

      Now it will be moved to production in evening... Lets see..if problem persists or not.

      thanks for help....

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.