Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Missing records in Data Target

Hi,

We have a custom cube with fairly straight forward update rule and transfer rule. The request id status is all green and the number of records in Selected, Received, PSA, Converted, Updated, and New is 8863 records.

But in list cube for that particular request id, we get only 7993 records. No further filter in the selection. Has anybody faced this kind of situation or have any clue as what has happened? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Praveen

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Jun 04, 2005 at 04:14 AM

    Hi Praveen,

    You can check how many records you really have in the cube by going to DB table /BIC/F<cube name> (if you didn't compress the cube). Number of records in this table is real number of records in the cube.

    I can think of at least two reasons why those two numbers are different:

    1. You have multiple records with same combination of characteristics in one load. They counted as separate records by the load program, but they are combined in one record when written to the cube.

    2. You selected 'DB aggregation' check mark in Listcube. This will show records with same combination of characteristics (especially if you selected not all characteristics) as one record with summarized key figures.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Gersh

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Gersh Voldman,

      Thanks for your Reply.

      Number of records in DB table /BIC/F<cube name> also returns only 7993 records instead of 8863 records.

      The records are unique and not combination and hence should have loaded the same number of records but not so.

      We have not selected the 'DB aggregation' check mark in Listcube.

      Thanks,

      Praveen

  • Posted on Jun 04, 2005 at 10:13 AM

    praveen,

    There is a possibility that some of the records could have got summed up , hence the reason for lower number of records. For finding out the same:

    1. Copy contents from PSA and from cube and compare - most likely in Excel.

    2. Create an ODS - check contents with the same rules...

    3. Also check in RSA3 for number of records...

    Arun

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 06, 2005 at 08:03 PM

    You could potentially bump into such a situation if you are using datasources / infosources like 2LIS_12_VCITM, 2LIS_11_VAITM, ...... which were installed before 2.0B sp 7 and never implemented note 333492 later.

    Please check this note & see whether it applies to you.

    Kumar Gudiseva.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      We have figured out the issue. The records are getting loaded into the Fact table but with different DIMID for the Data Package Dimension. For the same Request ID we found two DIMIDs as there seems to be a different recordtype (0RECORDTP). We are now collapsing the requests so that the records are available for the Reporting.

      Thanks everyone for your postings.

      Praveen

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.