Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

SAPUI5 - OData & SAP Web IDE problems

Hello experts,

I have created an OData Service in my gateway server and a master-detail project in
SAP Web IDE - Personal Edition.

I had been encountering numerous problems while trying to make the project work.
The first one was that I had no idea, nor it was written anywhere that if I don't
want to work with $batch I need to go to menifest.json and add `"useBatch" : false`.
If there was such documentation I must have missed it.

The new problem I'm currently struggeling getting through is the:
"System query options '$orderby,$skip,$top,$skiptoken,$inlinecount' are not allowed in the requested URI"
which after searching the internet for a bit I found out that it occurs if one is using it
while doing a "Read" operation of CRUD. Well sadly, I didn't write the code in the template
it was self generated one. So either my OData service itself is lacking in something or the
template itself is broken. I persume that no one complained about the templates being broken
so it must be my OData. But where?

Thanks in advance,
Roei

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Dec 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      Thanks for the blog post but I still experience the same problem.

      I still get the error: "System query options '$orderby,$skip,$top,$skiptoken,$inlinecount' are not allowed in the requested URI"

  • Jan 01, 2017 at 01:48 PM

    check ur ui5 code(post ur code here if possible)

    https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3467570

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I can post the UI5 code here but it is pointless...

      I only created the "Master-Detail" template and didn't do any changes to it, so basically it's all generated code that

      can be easily replicated with a SAP Web IDE.

  • Jan 04, 2017 at 06:55 PM

    Hi Roei,

    Please have a look to some of the points which you can check in your OData services:

    • Validate if sap-filterable = false in your service.
    • What operation you are using Read or a Query. Read operation might not allow you to use these options.
    • Validate if your oData service is returning an individual entity (Read operation). For using these options your oData service should return entityset.

    I would suggest please share your oData service URL that might help in solving issue...

    Hope this will help.

    Thanks-

    Abhishek

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded