I've encountered a problem when trying to set up variant matching in the Sales Order.
I create a Sales Order via transaction VA01. I select the order type to be OR (Standard order). I enter my configurable material into the order. I go to the Configuration tab. From there, I enter some characteristic values and press the Type matching button. A box appears below the configuration which says "Material variant", displaying the material variant that should replace the configurable material. However, I just can't get the variant that popped-up below to actually replace the configurable material.
Settings for all relevant objects:
1. For both the config. material and its variant, I've selected "Configuration Allowed" in the MRP3 tab in MM01. I've assigned the strategy group 25 for the conf. material and 26 for its variant.
2. I have created a configuration profile for the configurable material. It is assigned to class type 300. In settings, under the tab "Variant Matching", I've selected "Type matching on request" and Strategy: "Partial confign."
3. Also, I have made sure that in the configuration profile, BOM explosion is set to "None".
4. I have checked through the relevant Item Category (TAC) and made sure that Variant Matching is ticked and the action when a variant is found is set to 4, automatically replace when updating and changing.
5. I went through the relevant requirements class (46) and made sure that it has Configuration Required.
6. I went through the transaction MDPV (Type matching) and ticked all of the characteristics of the configurable material as "Optional" instead of "Not relevant" for type matching.
I hope I've given enough clarity about the situation. If there are any settings that might be wrong or that I might be missing out, please tell me. If there are any other suggestions as to why this is not working, any help would be much appreciated.