cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meaning of field "start time","end time"in the table T556A img configuration of absence quota type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Gurus,

Please help in understanding the field in TABLE T556A where we create absence quota type.the field is start time and end time.sap documentation states that

If you create an absence quota type with the hours time unit, you can specify default values for the start and end times.

The system proposes the default values when you enter absence quota types in the Absence Quotas infotype (2006).

i have not understood the meaning of this .though the language used is simple and clear but i am not able to connect with absence quota infotype and this img configuration.?please help me .i understood that if i create absence quota type here in this img configuration in units of time i have to use start time and end time fields..but what values we will give here in these 2 boxes.and what connection will these values have ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In table T556A, start date is start date of absence quota generation in your organization, which we usually keep default one that is 01.01.1900 and end date is also default 31.12.9999.

This is all about absence quota,

But what Srikanth suggested, it is about absence i.e 2001 infotype, in which you mention start and end time of absence which EE takes.

Hope this is clear to you.

Please refere links I have shared as entire TM is not possible to jot down on SCN.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya sap hr,

Thanks for sharing your views on my query.Appreciated!

I had queried about start time and end time field in absence quota creation table....i guess what you have given the answer of start date of 01.01.1900 and 31.12.9999 refers to the validity dates when you are creating any record.I guess what srikanth answered  holds lil sense and i can connect to what he said.also as u said in the absence infotype 2001 there is a field called time ..where u need to enter the timings if an employee takes an absence less than a day and you have to mention the times within your stipulated work schedule timings.let us say if em employees's work schedule is from 8 am to 4:30 pm and your recording absence in between 8 am to 4:30 then those timings you have to mention here.\

I SPECIFICALLY asked about the start time and end time in the table where absence quota is being created by sap consultants.

Also priya i had already gone through the links which u had given but trust me i have not found any satisfactory answers in those links related to my query so at last trying to get help from SCN.

Thanks Priya and Srikanth for taking out your valuable time!

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Karthikeya,

Sorry if i misunderstood you question.

No got it.

You are talking about the filed start time and end time in Absence quota.

I would like to share you that this filed is only maintained if you have HOURS in Recording coloumn - Time/measurement unit....

else you need to keep it blank.

Ideally we take DAYS in Time/measurement unit....as quota is generated in DAYS limit rather HOURS limit.

But anyhow if you are trying to generate absence quota in HOUR limit, then u need to mention start time and end time as per the requirement.

Again want to add what srikanth told it was all about Absence not absence quota.

Hope this time i am clear with your requirement.

Correction appreciated.

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://saphrexpert.blogspot.in/2008/12/config-steps-for-absence-quota.html

I ahve shared you few info for the same in your other thread

Refer all....

Regards

Priya