Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Patching J2EE from SP0 to SP11 - failed to open RFC connection

Hi All,

I am patching a WAS 640 & J2EE. I am going from 0 to 11. On the ABAP side there has been no problems. Everything works ok.

I can get into the J2EE Admin. The problem happens when I am trying to apply the support patch 11 for the J2EE engine. SAP inst (version 642) starts ok and I select the

Apply Support Package 11. I select the Central Instance Profile as per SysID_DVEBMGS00_HostName - that goes ok.

The problem occurs when it asks for ABAP RFC Connection Parameters. Eg client, user, password.

It tells me that the password is incorrect. I have checked the trace files and it logs on ok and sets the RFC parameters but then says

1) Warning Unable to open RFC connection.

2) Failed to Open RFC connection.

The next line says user not authorised but the user is SAP_ALL.

I think the problems is only the RFC connection as it logs onto the ABAP stack ok.

I checked everything I could think of after installing the initial system ABAP & J2EE and XI 3.0 and it all seemed to be working ok.

The problem is only with the J2EE patching.

Thank you for reading this and if you have any thoughts on it, it wold be very much appreciated.

Regards

john

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

5 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 03, 2005 at 04:39 AM

    Are you specifying the DDIC user. I have run into this problem when user a user other than this. I didn't delve into it any further though.

    Regards,

    Steven

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 13, 2005 at 11:19 AM

    Hi Steven,

    I tried the DDIC user with the same result. It seems to want a Sys ID user.

    Really strange.

    thanks for your help.

    regards

    john

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 06, 2005 at 07:25 AM

    Hi John,

    I have the same problem. SP9->SP12

    Have you find solution for that?

    Thank you,

    Anton

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 09, 2005 at 11:47 AM

    One can not patch from a SP0.

    I had to do an SR1 installation and then one can patch from there.

    Regards

    john

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 11:02 AM

    Hi John,

    Contrary to what the name might suggest, SAP_ALL does not contain all authorisation object.

    Especially with RFC's the object S_RFCACL is needed.

    Try creating a profile with this authorisation object.

    Hope this works,

    Alexander

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.