we have been facing a situation I will be explaining below:
- We have queries that are ran on our database by an user named "System Account";
- We figured out it was this user because we used the END_SQL parameter in our universe with the following value and we are monitoring the database with a third software:
/* @Variable('UNVNAME') - @Variable('BOUSER') - @Variable('DOCNAME') */
What happens is that there are some queries running randomly by this users and all of them use the DISTINCT clause which is taken our server down.
We noticed this query is not thrown by any report, it only has an user and universe related to it. What is also interesting is that it happens ONLY with measures from fact table.
The only way we have found to stop it is stopping WebIntelligenceProcessingServer service manually and then restarting it back, but even this sometimes makes it run again.
What can be running it? How can we make it stop?
- We run SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0 SP02 Patch 13 (it happened also in the previous patches) and we have recently upgraded from XI 3.1 (which didn't have the problem described in this thread).
- We still have our universes in the old version (.unv).
- Our CMS runs on the default BOBJ database that is installed with it (SQL Server 2008).
- Our data warehouse is stored in a DB2 database.
I will be glad by getting your attention and hopefully solving this issue.
Carlos Henrique Matos da Silva
SAP Business Objects certified Consultant