Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Unable to successfuly test webservice through SOAP UI while the FM works

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to EHP6. We created a few function modules through which web services were created. Now when we test the FM's they work perfectly fine whereas some of the webservices are not responding correctly when being tested thriough an external tool: SOAP UI.

This particular issue is just persisting in case of only a few webservices whereas the others are working perfectly fine. After checking all the configuration seetings (though I am sure they are maintained correctly since some of the webservices are working fine) I have tried regenerating a new service and then going about testing the new wsdl file in SOAP UI but the output is same everytime. I also tried deactivating and reactivating the FM and then creating the wsdl out of the service but nothing seems to work.

How can I test my webservice in such a case and be sure of it to be working correctly?

Kindly help out with this issue.

Regards,

Shivangi

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Feb 02, 2012 at 07:24 AM

    Hello,

    when we test the FM's they work perfectly fine whereas some of the webservices are not responding correctly when being tested thriough an external tool: SOAP UI.

    You have not provided any error messages so we can only guess 😉 Since some of the webservices are working correctly, have you started/stopped the RFC receiver communication channel so that the RFC metadata is updated? Have you checked the unicode settings in R/3?

    Regards,

    Mark

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Feb 02, 2012 at 09:02 AM

    Hi Shivangi,

    What precisely do you mean by the following?

    some of the webservices are not responding correctly when being tested thriough an external tool: SOAP UI

    Is it like you do not get any response from your web service, or an error response? Or you do receive a response, but it differs from what you get when testing the FM directly in ECC?

    In the first case, make sure you have configured your web services correctly in SOAMANAGER (or WSCONFIG + LPCONFIG in case of lower system versions).

    In case of the latter, make sure you use statements like "IS INITIAL" or "IS SUPPLIED" correctly, because input parameters may look somehow different in ECC when the FM is executed externally.

    You might also want to put an external break point for the user that authorizes your external connections and debug the FM from there to see what's wrong. For this purpose, when displaying your FM, choose: Utilities -> Settings from the top menu, and in the window that appers, go to tab page ABAP Editor, sub-tab page Debugging and type a user for external debugging (it has to be a dialog user), then place an external break point in the code.

    Hope this helps,

    Greg

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.